Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jewel Tones

Hello again. I don't really have much in the way of progress to report right now.  I did trace and cut out the New Look bolero pattern. I even thread traced the seam allowance and all that.  As it stands, even after adding two inches to the sleeves I need to add at least one more.  And four inches to the front bust.  This will be my first time doing an armhole princess seam (or any princess seam) FBA. Any advice? I'll be documenting along the way, as I plan to turn this into a tried and true pattern.

Today's fabric haul.
Aside from that, I've decided to take a page of out of Gertie's playbook and make several ponte knit dresses from a super easy pattern.  I snagged myself a bunch of jewel tone fabric for just that reason. I also bought some stuff for valentines day, but um, I'm probably not going to show much of that. And on a side note, apparently my last post lost me a follower or two? I'm not sure why, but there it is.

Also in my "easy" book is several knit wrap dresses and a top.  A Simplicity pattern that I will turn into a tried and true go-to pattern.  I just feel like I need to add more care-free to my closet before I start working on the intense stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment